The Chamber of Commerce of Southwest Indiana and the 2009 ATHENA Award Committee announced the 11 ATHENA finalists on Tuesday, August 4 at The Chamber of Commerce on the fourth floor of Innovation Pointe. They are as follows:
· Nancy Bizal, Instructor of Business Communication & Coordinator of External Relations for the University of Southern Indiana College of Business
· Barb Butler, Chief Executive Officer for HealthSouth Deaconess Rehabilitation Hospital
· Janie Chappell, Manager of Community Services & Business Development for Deaconness Cross Pointe
· Nadine Coudret, Interim Provost & Vice President of Academic Affairs at the University of Southern Indiana
· Carrie Ellsperman, President for Wealth Management at Old National Bank
· Susan Hardwick, Vice President, Controller & Assistant Treasurer for Vectren Corporation
· Holly Dunn Pendleton, Executive Director for Holly’s House, Inc.
· Karen Ragland, Teacher at Joshua Academy and also a member of the Evansville-Vanderburgh School Board
· Maura Robinson, President, Owner & Founder of MG Robinson, Inc.
· Lisa Seif, Director, Warrick County Drunk Driving & Drug Court Program and the Substance Abuse Services
· Ann Whitty, Vice President & General Manager of the Rigid Packaging Division for Alcoa Inc.
The 2009 ATHENA Award recipient will be announced at the ATHENA Award Luncheon that will take place on Thursday, October 22 at noon at The Centre. The ATHENA Award program promotes women’s leadership and honors outstanding leaders. By recognizing exceptional individuals, the award program seeks to inspire others to achieve excellence. The ATHENA Award presentation is a celebration of excellence and a premiere community event.